Well, how about that?
It does get your attention, doesn't it?
These are the ads on NYC buses that have been getting some play on the news. I'll tell you what I think.
- In an ideal world I would have enough money to plaster ads everywhere letting people know it's Okeey-dokeey to ditch the big Sky-Fairy. My ads would Target the Axis of Evil (got that term from The Godless Monster): Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. After that I'd go after the Mormons and Scientologists.
- The website in the ad RefugefromIslam.com does offer online links to help Muslims who want to leave the faith. Of course, the first link to a Christian website (it's plainly stated that it's a Christian site).
- This particular statement from the website made me smile (in that snarky/sarcastic way), "Freedom of religion. That is the American way." I agree with that statement. The government should be totally secular with no tip of the hat to superstition like, The National Day of Prayer or Intelligent Design, or "In God We Trust" on our currency. Seeing that this ad campaign is funded via conservative blog readers should I assume we are all on the same page on a secular State?
- I think everybody has to calm down. These are some comments on this story from Yahoo News, "yahoo is owned! by muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "F--K Islam, the only good muslim is a dead muslim." People who support the ads on the bus (like me) should tell these lunatics to be quiet (wait, I think I just did that).
- Finally, this is an election year. Things are just going to get crazier. Hold on tight.